The Open School Project believes that there is no single curriculum or instructional model that can meet the needs of every community or of all children. There do exist, however, many excellent resources from traditional and non-traditional school publishers, as well as increasingly abundant online resources to support and extend curricula.
In our model the collaborative development of curricula is a central goal for each school. The Open School Project can help your charter school address these key components:
- identifying the aspirations as well as the needs of the school community
- articulating a comprehensive vision of the educational program, encompassing all grade levels and embracing all aspects of instruction
- framing both short and long term goals for specific curriculum development
- developing a functional and sustainable process for engaging administrators and teachers in creating, evaluating, and maintaining curricular integrity and flexibility
- aligning curricula to both state and common core standards
- assuring that curricula reflects an understanding of developmental stages in terms of both content and instructional models
- development of assessment tools and strategies that provide schools with the data they need to ensure the best possible support for their children
For more information about Curriculum Development, contact Dorothy Bukantz.